“Germany recently announced that they possibly, maybe, might launch a robotic spacecraft to the Moon. That now brings to six the number of countries with spacecraft at the Moon in development to go to the Moon… The others are: China, Japan, India, the United States, and the Russians.
Just what the heck is going on?
The lay press.. have reached for explanations, and in the process produced several erroneous theories based upon poor understanding both of what is currently happening… These Moon Myths include:
- These countries are involved in a “space race” to the Moon.
- China, Japan, and India are engaged in an “Asian space race.”
- The scientific community is newly interested in the Moon and driving these efforts.
- There must be something on the Moon that all these countries want—helium-3, other resources, or extraterrestrials.
- These robotic missions are precursors to something bigger, such as human missions.”
Full article at The Space Review.